LEAVE WITH A RENEWED ENERGY AND FOCUS
Sunday, June 14th
Boarding School Market landscape
A look into the current market landscape and what it means for marketers in boarding school.
We'll discuss what constitutes a strategic plan and how to craft one that is presentation-ready for your Head of School, Board of Trustees and fellow leaders at your school. We'll review the current allocation of your Marketing/Communications resources (people, time and money) and ideal allocation of these resources (to align with your strategic vision). This session will set the stage for more concrete action planning on Wednesday.
Admissions & Marketing as One Team
Admissions and marketing teams need to be inextricably linked in order to help achieve your school’s enrollment goals. Hear from guest experts who will share insights on how these two departments can best work together to leverage each other’s strengths.
(Sawgrass Marriott Resort)
(Sawgrass Marriott Resort)
Monday, June 15th
|10:00am||Depart for St. John & Partners Headquarters|
|11:00am||Interactive Day with our Advertising Partner SJ&P
Brace yourself for a lively, informative, and inspiring day at St. John & Partners HQ. Here we will join members of the SJ&P team to learn what’s on the leading edge of marketing and how we, as an industry, can approach marketing differently. SJ&P team members will lead a tour of the office and engaging sessions that will cover a variety of topics including:
Trends & Tools
Learn about new customer and media trends in advertising, and how to determine channel mix for every size budget. We will also discuss what advertising tools are available to you and how you can best use them.
Content Strategy & Storytelling
Learn how you can create better digital content that brings your brand to life. We will also discuss how to leverage your students, particularly as you market to students.
Discuss what the “customer journey” really means, and how you can think about it differently. The SJ&P team will provide additional insights into the NABI initiative and how they developed the NABI strategy including the evolution of the creative platform and what they have gleaned from the experience.
|3:00pm||Travel back to Sawgrass Marriott Resort|
Take some time to enjoy the resort and network with colleagues. Fun options for the afternoon include:
• Golf: putting green
• Beach: walk and/or swim
(Casual offsite dinner in groups)
Tuesday, June 16th
|8am–Noon||Choose Your Learning Course (attend as many as you wish)
THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY
Continue the conversation about customer journey with a focus on market growth. We will summarize key data that we have gathered about the journey of tuition-capable families, and discuss other consumer segments that are, or will be, of interest to marketers in boarding schools. Discover how you can use consumer data in new and different ways, and what strategies your school can use to grow their market.
MANAGING BUDGET, RESOURCES, AND DEMANDS OF INTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS
Learn how to best manage the demands of internal stakeholders while allocating marketing resources to achieve your enrollment goals. Learn how to split your efforts between higher funnel initiatives (brand building) and lower in the funnel (lead generation and nurturing).
RETENTION & THE PARENTAL EXPERIENCE
Discuss how you stay in touch with, meet and exceed the expectations of parents from initial contact, through admissions and through the year ahead.
Discuss how the “customer experience” comes into play at every point in the journey and how you can make sure everyone on your campus understands they play an important role.
|Noon||Lunch (Sawgrass Marriott Resort)|
Take some time to enjoy the resort (and surrounding areas) and network with colleagues. Options for the afternoon which may include (more details upon registration; attendees will pay for activities separately):
· Boat ride/deep sea fishing
· Beach or Pool
· The Spa at Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
|6:30pm||Dinner & Wine Pairing at Ponte Vedra Beach (PVB) Club|
Wednesday, June 17th
|9am–Noon||Putting It Into Practice
1. Brainstorm your media plan based on your budget and determine what metrics to use to measure success.
2. Create an action plan that measures ROI/ROAS (Return on Ad Spend) and determine what metrics to include on your marketing dashboard that you share with your school. Determine what to work on in-house, what to outsource, and the associated implications on staffing and your budget.
3. Discuss how to have more impact and influence within your senior leadership team. How can you bring people at your school along with you as you propose doing things in new and different ways and inspire culture change?
4. Share specific things you will try to champion back at your school based on this event; ask your peer group for advice and offer feedback to them.
|Noon||Grab & Go Lunch (Sawgrass Marriott Resort)
Grab a quick lunch if you need to head to the airport, or take a seat and enjoy some extra time with workshop participants before enjoying the rest of the resort amenities.
*Schedule is subject to change
Return to campus with:
- a self-crafted strategic roadmap for the year ahead, allocating your precious resources of people, time and budget
- a refresher on strategic marketing, brand development, and current consumer trends and understanding
- knowledge of the rapidly changing media landscape, complete with a newfound ability to create a comprehensive content strategy of blogs, podcasts, visual assets, and videos
- an education on the current digital marketing tools and techniques –
– paid digital advertising
– owned digital marketing through social media & YouTube
– skill building through Google Analytics
- intel on the emerging trends in education, and among high net worth families
- a fresh look at your school’s value proposition and an education on how to communicate it, clearly and consistently